Our tips when giving antler to your dog
- Most dogs can have the antler with them in the yard at all times BUT for heavy chewers, give as a treat for a controlled period each day, say 1 to 2 hours. Your dog should be allowed to grind down no more than 1cm of antler per week
- take the antler away once it is small enough for them to swallow whole
- intense chewers need the most dense/heavier pieces. We can supply denser antler from other deer species if required
- if your dog is not interested at first, try rubbing the antler a little with a file or sandpaper, or soaking in water overnight, or a little peanut butter
- if the antler did not last as long as expected, let us know and we will do our best to address this.